Years ago my sister used to swear by the Cheesecake Factory’s Chicken Marsala. To her credit, it was pretty good. She found a recipe for chicken marsala that we used to make often, but hadn’t done so in too long. On Monday I thought I should give it a try again. I didn’t have that original recipe my sister used to cook from, so I adapted one based on what I could remember (this time I wrote it down) and it turned out SO GOOD.
Chicken marsala can be served a couple of ways, the most popular: with potatoes and a green veggie or pasta. I prefer it with mashed potatoes and a green veggie. I also remember we’ve made it with a runnier, less creamy marsala sauce and with a thicker, creamier version. This particular recipe is the thicker, creamier marsala. I used Taylor Marsala Wine which has a “warm and fruity, medium-sweet, raisin-like flavoring.” Anyways, enough “chatter” here’s the recipe. 🙂
- 4 Chicken Breasts – boneless & skinless
- 1 pkg Baby Bella Mushrooms – chopped
- 1 Sweet or Vidalia Onion – chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic – diced
- 1 1/2 cups Marsala Wine
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tbs Butter or Olive Oil
- 2 tbs All-Purpose Flower
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
- In a sauce pan, brown chicken breasts over medium heat. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt 3tbs of butter and cook down the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Add thyme, salt, and pepper. Once the onions are translucent and a little brown on the edges, add chicken breasts back into pan.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups Marsala Wine over chicken, onions and mushrooms. Bring to a slow simmer.
- Mix well the Flour and Milk so there are no lumps. Pour into Marsala wine and mix thoroughly. The sauce should begin to thicken. Once thickened, cover and allow to simmer on low for 25 minutes to cook the chicken completely.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese and serve with your preferred side dish (either pasta or potatoes and veggies). Enjoy!
Baked Asparagus with Italian Seasoning (Side Dish)
INGREDIENTS (measurements aren’t exact, you can put as much or as little as you like)
- 3/4 lb Asparagus Stalks
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 2 tbs Italian Seasoning
- Wash and cut the asparagus about half-way down the stalk (you can make them longer if you’d like, but I don’t like the bottom half)
- Preheat Oven to 400ºF
- Lay the asparagus on a baking sheet and completely coat in Olive Oil
- Sprinkle with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Italian Seasoning
- Bake at 400ºF for 15-17 minutes, or until the stalks have shrunk a little and are sizzling
- Serve with your favorite meal and enjoy!